Goldstar Metal Traders Limited is a metal recycling business based in March Cambridgeshire PE15 0YN. The business is growing quickly and as a result we have the requirement for the following role.
Due to the nature of our business a lot of this work is done outside in a demanding manual labour environment.
This is a fulltime position at 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, with overtime on an adhoc, pre-approved basis. The pay rate starts on National Minimum Wage depending on age. You will be subject to a three month probationary period during which your abilities, skills and attitude will be assessed. Future pay increases will be based on skills and performance.
The main duties of this role are:
• Moving materials around the yard using the appropriate forklift truck
• Sorting, cleaning and processing High Value materials ready for preparation for shipment to customers
• Keeping the yard and all working areas tidy, clean and safe by removing all dirt and debris in a timely and safe manner
• Having a flexible attitude to support your colleagues to meet order deadlines, customer requirements and high volume turnaround
Skills and Qualifications
• Having experience of working in the metal recycling industry will be an advantage but is not essential
• Forklift qualification and at least 12 months experience of operation
• Full clean UK driving Licence
The company will provide you with all appropriate Personal Protective Clothing and equipment, it is your responsibility to ensure you wear it at all times when working in the yard and workshops, and also look out for the safety of your colleagues. Compliance to Health and Safety and Environmental regulations is a fundamental requirement in this role.
Goldstar has other operations in Kings Lynn and Wereham and you may be asked from time to time to cover holidays or sickness at these yards.
Goldstar operate with a lean committed team of people and are looking for new people with the same attitude to work and to support their colleagues.
Goldstar is an equal opportunities employer however, you will be asked to demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK on application for the role.