Goldstar Metal Traders Ltd is a fast-growing and expanding metal recycling business. Currently operating across three locations, March PE15 0YN, Kings Lynn PE30 2ET and Wereham PE33 9BD with a view of adding locations to support our business growth strategy.
Our main processing operation is located at March, Cambridgeshire and due to increased volumes we now have an opportunity for a Weighbridge Operator to join our team.
As part of the role you may be required to cover at our other locations from time to time.
Duties to include;
- Accurately recording weights of vehicles on entry and exit from the site
- Checking and verifying the contents of customer loads on arrival prior to weighing. This is to prevent other waste from being included in the load.
- Ensuring all visitor to site have the required PPE and if not issuing it to them, making it clear that it must be warn at all times whilst on site.
- Accurately producing weighbridge tickets from our systems as well as producing hand written tickets where required
- Recording of data and accurately producing reports for suppliers and Management
- Liaising with Metal Buyers and Management regularly for Supplier Pricing and Queries
- Pricing of metals and where to source prices from
- General Administration, filing and keeping work areas tidy
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Use of Microsoft Package essential & General Computer Skills
- Knowledge of Metal Grades will be an advantage
- Experience of working a Weighbridge and recording weights
- Good Customer Service Skills and telephone manner
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and when dealing with difficult customers
- Ability to prioritise during peak demand times
- Flexibility as working hours may vary
Full Job Description available on request
To Apply: Please send your CV to Heather Taylor at [email protected]