Goldstar Metal Traders Limited is a fast growing Metal recycling business with its main processing facility based at Eco Lodge Farm, Floods Ferry, March, PE15 0YN. It currently has two other operations on at King’s Lynn where it can directly load bulk container ships for export and Wereham a traditional end of vehicle facility.
Goldstar has achieved growth of 12% year on year for the last five years. This success is now being built on with new key corporate contracts and further acquisitions and expansion plans.
Goldstar has an opportunity for a Plant Fitter with at least 10 years’ experience of working on heavy cranes and plant such as shearing machines, crushers, screeners, earth moving, or similar equipment, with mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and welding certification. The key requirements for this role are:
– have a full current UK driving licence
– be prepared to travel to cover all Goldstar depots as and when required
– used to working outside in all conditions and carrying out repairs in the dark
– Ability to prioritise work based on criticality
– Ability to manage spares stores so as to ensure all critical spares are available at all times.
– be self-motivated with the drive to complete a task as efficiently and safely as possible
– be used to working on your own, but know when to ask for help and support
– be flexible in terms of working times as breakdowns and planned maintenance may have to be done on weekends or bank holidays.
– be able to work out a planned maintenance programme for all plant and equipment and present this to the COO. Be able to then implement and operate this plan in full.
– be able to maintain appropriate records of work done on each piece of equipment, to ensure all daily logs are maintained by the operators and that issues logged are addressed in a timely and safe manner. To provide summary reports to the COO on a daily and weekly basis.
– be responsive to emergency breakdowns
– To work in a safe manner wearing appropriate PPE at all times.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience
To apply please send you’re CV and a cover letter detailing your experience to Chief Operating Officer at the above address, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org