Goldstar has an opportunity for a Plant Fitter with experience of working in the scrap industry.
Must have experience of working on Frag plants, heavy cranes, shearing machines, crushers, screeners, earth moving, or similar equipment, with mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and welding certification.
The key requirements for this role are
– have a full current UK driving licence
– be prepared to travel to cover all Goldstar depots as and when required
– used to working outside in all conditions and carrying out repairs in the dark
– Ability to prioritise work based on criticality
– Ability to manage spares stores so as to ensure all critical spares are available at all times.
– be self-motivated with the drive to complete a task as efficiently and safely as possible
– be used to working on your own, but know when to ask for help and support
– be flexible in terms of working times as breakdowns and planned maintenance may have to be done on weekends or bank holidays.
– be able to work out a planned maintenance programme for all plant and equipment and present this to the Chief Operating Officer. Be able to then implement and operate this plan in full.
– be able to maintain appropriate records of work done on each piece of equipment, to ensure all daily logs are maintained by the operators and that issues logged are addressed in a timely and safe manner. To provide summary reports to the COO on a daily and weekly basis.
– be responsive to emergency breakdowns
– To work in a safe manner wearing appropriate PPE at all times.
Attractive salary and other benefits available for the right person.
Will consider assisting anyone willing to relocate to the area.
Hours of Work: 7.00am – 17.00pm Monday to Friday.
To apply please send you’re CV to Heather Taylor to email@example.com quoting job code SCRAPFITTER
This post was written by Heather Taylor